AN EXCEPTIONAL PAIR OF REGENCY MAHOGANY CONSOLE TABLES ATTRIBUTED TO MACK, WILLIAMS & GIBTON - REF No. 9053
H: 35 in / 90 cm ; W: 29 1/2 in / 75 cm ; D: 19 in / 48 cm
The rectangular white marble tops above lotus-leaf carved friezes, the cabriole supports with acanthus-carved knees and claw and ball feet, on rectangular plinths.
The firm of Mack, Williams and Gibton were established at 39 Stafford Street, Dublin and were appointed Upholsterer's & Cabinet Makers to his Majesty, His Excellency the Lord Lieutenant and His Majesty's Board of Works. After the death of John Mack in 1829, the firm continued to trade as Williams and Gibton (1830-1844). They supplied some of the most important public buildings in Ireland, including the Four Courts, the War Office, the Barracks Office, Dublin Castle, the Chapel Royal and the Treasury and Viceregal Lodge. They were also commissioned to produce furniture for many prominent Irish houses such as Ballynegall, Co. Westmeath, Oakley Park, Co. Meath and Strokestown Co. Roscommon.
Ballyward House, Co. Down.
Formally The Hunting Lodge of The Earls of Belmont.
Property of Wing Commander Higginson.