A FINE IRISH REGENCY MAHOGANY CENTRE/DINING TABLE - REF No. 7063
H: 29 1/2 / 75 cm ; Diameter: 49 1/2 in / 125.8 cm
A very fine early 19th century mahogany centre/dining table attributed to Williams & Gibton, Dublin, above a reeded rim, raised on a reeded baluster centre pillar and reeded outsplayed quadruped base, with cast brass paw toe caps and castors.
The firm of Mack, Williams and Gibton were established at 39 Stafford Street, Dublin and were appointed Upholsterer's & Cabinet Makers to his Majesty, His Excellency the Lord Lieutenant and His Majesty's Board of Works. After the death of John Mack in 1829, the firm continued to trade as Williams and Gibton (1830-1844). They supplied some of the most important public buildings in Ireland, including the Four Courts, the War Office, the Barracks Office, Dublin Castle, the Chapel Royal and the Treasury and Viceregal Lodge. They were also commissioned to produce furniture for many prominent Irish houses such as Ballynegall, Co. Westmeath, Oakley Park, Co. Meath and Strokestown Co. Roscommon.